Jumbo conversion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jumbo conversion

Post  airwolf on Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:04 am

hiya, i have a Mk1 jumbo homebase thats been converted to 40 channel fm, was this conversion just a case of taking off the frequency selector knob and blanking the hole or was something done to the innards to warrant a CBFM UK sticker??? also have a yupiteru scanner and sharpes hideaway and few other cb rigs and antennae im gonna put up for grabs soon if anyone interested..Mart.

airwolf

Back to top Go down

Re: Jumbo conversion

Post  Termite on Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:54 am

is it a jumbo ??? or a hercules ???
either way i'll buy it Smile
i have two jumbo's, two colt excaliburs and a marko excalibur, as well as another 100 odd CB's..!!!

if it's just UK40 it might be a hercules, same as a jumbo but straight 40 FM..
if a modded jumbo, might have a secret switch within the CB or PA socket on the back, or the sel call plug even..

without seeing it i could'nt really tell you..
Termite

http://ukcb.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

ham international jumbo mk1

Post  airwolf on Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:11 pm

hiya , yup deff a jumbo still in its original box, lol , i bought it new many many moons ago and then let my uncle borrow it as i was going on holidays and didnt want my younger brother to get hold of it but on my return my unc had paid to get it converted to 40 channel FM ,, i was furious and made him buy it off me as i bought it to dx on sidebands i spent the cash on a new multimode II, i think at that time it was about £200 early 70s if i remember right , my uncle passed away recently and lo and behold he still had the jumbo unused in its box under his bed... i re inherited it along with a cobra, a sharpes hideaway i won at vic hallams langley mill CBers club which i sold him same night lol, and some other stuff about 10 rigs, i got to test em all yet , a yupiteru mvt3300eu which looks and works fine, e-mail me and i will give you my number as ive only ebay to see how much they fetch now......Mart.

airwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Termite on Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:54 pm

hi mart...

your uncle, it's not the guy from shipley by any chance ??
if so we do need a chat...PM me or eMail me and we'll exchange numbers..

the rigs for prices i'd go with eBay as local i'm struggling to get £10 and £15 for what were once decent rigs..
yet eBay seem to sell for double..

even AM rigs can fetch more than legal FM stuff, either nostalgia, or for collections i don't know..

you may even have a couple of items i would'nt mind in my collection, which is a BIG collection..
use the PM or Email tags to send me a message and i'll get back in touch with you..

i'm up your way everyday so a meet is not impossible..

sorry for your loss, 2009 has been a bad year for a lot of people i know, my own family included has had three loses..

anyway chat soon..mark...
Termite

http://ukcb.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top