Funny Cb related stories (we`ve all got em) -Discuss.........

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Funny Cb related stories (we`ve all got em) -Discuss.........

Post  Sigma 1 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:00 pm

Can be anything at all maybe relating to eyeballs that kinda went wrong-ya know we`ve all said stuff on the air we wish we hadnt when you`ve met someone for the first time..........From a blokes point of view"she sounded so fit over the air"etc etc ,

or maybe DX stories where you`ve been out in the car an got stuck/lost temporarily/weather turned worse than you were expecting/strange folk that have turned up-ya know the score.

Maybe simple installations of homebase antennas that have gone a bit wrong or have been dropped when trying to put up/problems with neighbours relating to tv interference/concern about height of your aerial/anything else.

Stuff youve broke before you`ve had chance to use it.

Daft stuff youve done regarding installation Home/car that has had ya scratching your head for a while.

Hope thats got the creative juices flowing-gotta go out now but will be bk on later with a few stories-looking fwd to yours
Sigma 1

Back to top Go down

i bumped into a old cber

Post  royal demon on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:23 am

well would you belive it.the other day 23/1/10 i was in hyson green when i went into a shop and what did i see a cber.she said what can i do for you.i said well coca cola girl have you got a good cheep cooker 4 sale.she in her cockney voice said blimey how r u mr biffo.so i brought a cooker she still not changed still a ugly fucker with hardly any front teeth

royal demon

Back to top Go down

Re: Funny Cb related stories (we`ve all got em) -Discuss.........

Post  Termite on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:11 pm

you not talking about a girl call sue ??

you do know how to pick em biff....
Termite

http://ukcb.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigma 1 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:58 am

Know ive been a while getting bk to this but been busy,hardly had cb on (sorry cb`s) got that tti multi mark and also bought a uniden 100 off ebay cant help it(like me uniden`s) ,ive had an aerial over a month ive not even swr`d yet.
On the plus side got a magmount now to hold the sirio an thicker power lead through from battery for linear so (famous last words) should be on this wk.

Uniden`s in decent nick with original mic just the mic leads nackered so ive ordered one of them matt finish rubber longer ones(dont get excited any "ladies" reading that)lol gonna need a better soldering iron now.
Sigma 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Termite on Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:40 am

Love the avatar i could them all night, lol..
cool get things sorted and we'll hopefully hear you on..
Termite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigma 1 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:56 am

Few more here if ya wanna link to any Animated gif avatars
Sigma 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigma 1 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 am

Remember me an brendan("terminator" from ripley-well waingroves)goin to see this bird at somercotes-(we`d met her before)she needed a lift (luckily not far)as she`d been at a mates house an jesus christ this morning she proper stunk big time-were almost instant when she got in the car me an bren just looked at each other smiled an put both front windows down and asked her to open the rears-put heater on full an made some excuse about it helping the car as it had been overheating but OMG were we glad to get her out the car-only went round coz she`d got a really fit mate-dont think we bothered again though after that.

Can remember getting stuck by the transmitters at alport heights one night in a mates chevette trying to turn it round in the dark(were yrs ago dont think i were driving at the time)just went a ride up there now an again for like a mini dx/chat to some mates/test some stuff out were actually just about to leave when we got stuck alan had reversed and the ground one side on the rear just fell away so the car were sort of see sawing when i pushed down on the rear the front left came up in the air-were funny at the time an prob as funny thinking about it now,we both had to bounce the car round till both rears were on the ground to get some decent kinda grip.Took a While though, chevette at the time had enough problems getting there never mind pulling you out when you were stuck.

First time i went round brens house at waingroves remember there being a problem with his super Lemm homebase antenna,said dave will just be 5mins ive gotta take this down-wont be long thought yer right............................
On closer inspection affraid The only thing holding brens aerial (about 25ft i think 30ft up on 2 poles)up were low loss coax tied in a knot round the scaffold poles in 2 or 3 places to the steel house drainpipe-i were like bren i couldnt sleep at night but it were quick to take down.
Unfortunately one time when taking it down dropped it and snapped a couple of 9ft radials off it but were easily fixed.
Sigma 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigma 1 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:48 am

Mark can ya remember them lemm mobile antennas,had a kinda amateur radio look to the coil quite wide about an inch an a half 2 inch black coloured probably 2inch high of the black base loaded coil then chrome tapered off to the whip with fold over facility just used to lift an drop, prob 6.5ft whip with like a join in the middle (great aerials)well alan came round with one of these(werent a flexible antenna really till after the join of the 2 parts of the whip)on a magmount so im like that`l never hold................................then im thinkin where`s the coax PMSL he`d welded 2 bolts to the underside of the magmount bolted it through the roof and gone through the inside with the coax Had a bit of fun we mates tryin to pull the mount off tho an funny looks off other cb`ers at the time when we went buy at about (the speed limit Laughing ) with at the time a large aerial on a magmount(so they thought)
Sigma 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Termite on Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:49 am

lol...
Smile
Termite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top