Pitifull lol but what im listening on currently lol

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pitifull lol but what im listening on currently lol

Post  Sigma 1 on Wed May 12, 2010 4:31 am

For radio`s ive had since about late jan early feb see here- http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v365/scoobymad/cb%20radios/
Sigma 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Pitifull lol but what im listening on currently lol

Post  jazzsinger on Tue May 25, 2010 12:19 am

Ain't nothing pitiful about a uniden 300,high quality homebase unlike most modern crap on sale nowadays.uniden grant xl ain't no slouch either,but pretty limited on frequency coverage for uk use,well liked in the states.i personally wouldn't bother adding channels,i'd just re crystal it for high band to cover 27.555 and retune the tx/rx/if strips for best performance,losing eu/fcc frequencies ain't exactly a hardship and it would need no conversion/addition of switches,would be very easy to return to standard spec if you ever decide to sell it too.

jazzsinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Termite on Tue May 25, 2010 8:11 am

agreed..the 300 is an ace rig, no matter what folk say,
whether it be aN Audioline 345, Uniden 300 you won't go wrong, unless it's a president KP-77, then you went wrong Smile

as for the grant, i have seen it and my god it's very nice, something i'd like to ad to the collection..
it's a cobra 148 board inside, so as seen in the states, easy to mod on the PLL, and currently already done along with UK40 Eprom too, so a well sorted rig...

i'll have to get some pictures on here now will i ??
Termite

http://ukcb.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jazzsinger on Tue May 25, 2010 8:23 am

Termite wrote:agreed..the 300 is an ace rig, no matter what folk say,
whether it be aN Audioline 345, Uniden 300 you won't go wrong, unless it's a president KP-77, then you went wrong Smile

as for the grant, i have seen it and my god it's very nice, something i'd like to ad to the collection..
it's a cobra 148 board inside, so as seen in the states, easy to mod on the PLL, and currently already done along with UK40 Eprom too, so a well sorted rig...

i'll have to get some pictures on here now will i ??

i take it the pll is the usual mb8719 used in the old cobra 148 gtl chassis,very easy to mod but if i'm being honest i wouldn't bother putting ukfm in it,hardly worth the cost,effort and hacking up the radio,but i would recrystal/realign it for the high band to use it on or around 555 on usb as it was a great little radio.

came across this 260607256591 on e bay italy tonight,if i wasn't skint from doing house up i'd deffo have a punt on it as i've never seen one for sale before let alone boxed and in good nick.not sure if its the same pb042 board as jacko or another ranger board,but i'd deffowant to get inside it and see.there was a tidy boxed hy gain 2795 on there too.not that it would interest me being cybernet chassied,but some might go for it,the zodiac tokyo however is a different kettle of fish altogether,very tasty.

jazzsinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigma 1 on Tue May 25, 2010 11:35 am

Should hopefully have aerial up late tomorrow mark,will let ya know how it goes,going to make sure it swr`s in ok before i drill a drain hole though-im still not convinced lol.
Sigma 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigma 1 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:52 am

Things have changed somewhat since posting this see anytone thread in "show us yours" still only running a half wave silver rod but works well enough for what i want as it is,Next purchase will be a large power supply-dont know wether to bother with a 30 amp, want one thats goin to fit whatever Amp i want to run so saving up for something bigger-dont want to be limited (like i am at the moment) for bigger stuff in the future and dont like buying stuff twice(losing money on the first)
Dont use rig much but when i do like to have decent stuff.

(truth be known im probably more into radio equipment than goin on cb itself lol though listen about 80% of the time when im on the net its always on in the background)
Sigma 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum