Maxon CM10 seems ok

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Maxon CM10 seems ok

Post  Sigma 1 on Thu May 13, 2010 9:19 am

Just bought a CM10 for the car,tried it out earlier an although its ok receive seems a bit "scratchy" for my liking and compared to a tti 660 i used to have in the car i`d probably choose that over this(bear in mind ive only had this today)feelings may change i guess once ive had it a bit longer but its not like me unidens Sad .Mod seems pretty good though ive listened to it through another radio,miss scan on the set and up/down channel buttons on the mic aswell.

On other forums a few folk rate these highly yet to me it just seems ok as a budget CB(that said for £43 inc postage i guess it were ok New)
Sigma 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Maxon CM10 seems ok

Post  Termite on Thu May 13, 2010 7:01 pm

It sounded pretty good to me..
audio was good and loud, certainly made a couple of locals hear you Smile

can't comment on the new stuff though, as i would buy anything new, i'm old school i'm afraid and would would buy old radios, the tried and tested ones, the one we all know and love..
Termite

http://ukcb.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigma 1 on Thu May 13, 2010 8:03 pm

Yer but were just having a ride round with a mate who used to be on(same time as me ages ago)Brendan "Terminator" from ripley(though now lives pinxton)virtually passsed end of ya road mark but at that time werent gonna pop in as uve got kids otherwise may have mate.

Just wanted to see where were busiest really an its definately round your way, came down from annesley through hucknall bullwell then down 610 through to ripley an back to pinxton.

Mod is the best part of the set though remember signal should be pretty decent as im running that EA150 mobile with a sirio hypower 4000.(though im gonna be dabbling with a few Mobile aerials)
Main pet hate with receive is if someones overmodding or slightly of freq it really sounds bad whereas older sets seem more "open" if ya like im sure you know what i mean mark just seems newer stuff has a narrower margin for receiving clear audio.

Definately think older stuff would be better at receiving weak signals.

P.S. neither of us mobile(in same car) were Uncle Buck for those interested-i sold up homebase about 18yrs ago an bren around the same time.
Sigma 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Termite on Thu May 13, 2010 11:15 pm

when you said terminator we all thought of a local around who was also that about 20 odd years ago, in fact i was also called that 23 years ago, then changed to termiteanator, then to termite, hence the handle...

as for uncle buck, i have his email address nothing else,
personally don't care who uses the forum or what they say as long as they don't get personal or carried away with things..
Termite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigma 1 on Fri May 14, 2010 12:21 am

Made me laugh at first when someone thought it were you(not us in the "mitsubishi evo" pmsl) were like fcuk me mark gets blamed for everything.
Sigma 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Termite on Fri May 14, 2010 7:16 pm

yup...thats right, they haven't got a clue, so it's easier to blame me, or martin....

if brains were dynamite..!! you know the rest..
and some of the blamers are radio amateurs...who know everything about radio and tracking people down....lol my arse..

i missed the evo bit...wish i had one of them, but not the repair bill though..!!
Termite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigma 1 on Fri May 14, 2010 7:43 pm

Lol were jokin with the evo bit (you know what mitsubishi im in when im mobile)ste a mates got a evo 4, ive gotta go an help him clean up for a show but for the yr its very tidy.
Think ive gotta help him with it next wkend,will post some pics up when ive done it,do a few mates cars to be fair.

Think if youve got an evo as just a 2nd car theyre ok as a main one though yer would be expensive.
Sigma 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum