CB without the idiots??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CB without the idiots??

Post  Doorman on Fri May 27, 2011 1:36 am

Hi all!!

I dug out my old UK 40 FM rig a little while ago, just to see what was out there.

It seems that CB nowadays consists of idiots on Channel 19 either playing music all day or wanting to fight at Junction 26 of the M1.

Mobile CB is still OK (drove up the M6 a little while back with a Mag-mount and breakers on there were nice (intelligent) enough).

Is there any CB band which isn't populated exclusively by ineloquent retards? I don't mind getting a multi-band rig - any suggestions as to a good choice would be welcome. I've got a 1/4-Wave aerial in the loft, so should be able to catch a few Breakers, if they are out there.

Hopefully all the breakers with half a brain have moved onto a different Band (perhaps even the Euro 40 FM is better), so I'd be happy to join them there!!

If not, I'll put the Rig away again for another 20-odd years. By then, I'll probably be the nutter playing music all day so I won't care!!

Maybe catch some of you on the air!!

Doorman

Back to top Go down

Re: CB without the idiots??

Post  Termite on Fri May 27, 2011 4:55 am

i must admit i've not been on 19 for a good month recently due to the same old piss heads and idiots..
one or two of us use mid band AM and FM, and i mostly can be found sat on triple 5..!!
you get idiots everywhere, not matter where you go they are there..

all depends how serious you are about CB and radio as there are more bands and channels you can try without as many idiots..
Termite

http://ukcb.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Loads of channels out there

Post  ninjabilly on Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:02 am

Hi all,most of the gripes are about the muppets on 19,most of us have radios with shed loads of channels,there are also loads of web based clubs to join,most of which have their own nets,also your call sign is also your email addy,even easier to contact the locals to sort out regular chats,if the 19 nobheads find you,dont forget,they are addicted to 19,so wont bother you for long,you could even use this forum to voice suggestions,I have been saying this over and over,but still people are reluctant to try anything new,seems there are only a few of us who happen to realise the full potential of legal cb radio,the recent lift has given me shed loads of international copies,purely using basic radio power and bits of bent wire! Spose I must be a sad git to get excited about a copy from tunisia on a home made wire dipole lobbed across the curtain rail in the spare room! lol,anyway,enough for now.
Ta Ta
ninjabilly
ninjabilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Termite on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:47 am

thats what radio is all about billy...

as you say, recent lift conditions there's been many of good contacts,
not been on 19 for a while now, same old piss heads, drug heads and peado's to much for my liking, can't be arsed with any of it, and the two faced back stabbers..oh well leave them on muppets where they belong and i'll use other bands where they can't get..!!

even some of the muppets have got other bands, but some are to thick to work them out.. Smile
Termite

http://ukcb.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Doorman on Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:35 am

Well, perhaps it's time up upgrade my old UK40 Midland CB. There are quite a few multi-band rigs out there covering UK, UE and country-specific bands (France, Poland, etc).

I speak German reasonably well (enough to hold a CB conversation anyway) and can always get a bigger aerail!!!

I've seen cheap multi-band rigs like the TTI TCB 660 as well as more expensive ones.

What's a decent multi-band rig in the sub £100 range? I'm not that bothered, so I'm not spending a lot on a rig, but that should get something half decent.

I've been monitoring UK19 for a few days now and it seems OK - just switch off for 10 minutes when the music DJs key up.

Maybe catch some of you on the air - if I hear you, I'll give you a shout.

Cheers!!

Doorman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top