No Activity!!!!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Activity!!!!!!!!!

Post  ninjabilly on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:06 am

Well,theres about as much activity on here as ch 19 cb radio is officially shite!!
ninjabilly

Back to top Go down

Re: No Activity!!!!!!!!!

Post  Doorman on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:07 am

It is rather quiet!!

I have to admit, I've not logged in for a while - generally whenever I dig my Rig out, plug it in to the loft aerial and listen to the shite on 19.

Perhaps if there are few of us still interested we could chat OFF 19. There's a novel idea.

Doorman

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Buck on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:02 pm

i find the possibility very unlikely.
you all want to moan and complain about the state of CB radio yet i don't hear you on ch 1-9 calling out then changing channel.
all i hear is the same old people chatting and not one 'knocking it up or down a channel'
seems to me ch 1-9 is where the audience is and where everyone wants to stay to be heard.

you can't lead a horse to water, but move the water away and it will find it.

Uncle Buck

Back to top Go down

Not much activity on the Amateur Bands either. . . .

Post  Burntout Aussie Jim on Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:37 am

Hi Guys,

Can't listen in at the moment, just looking around for a rig. I've got a rather nice commercial rig, which was used for inland work at an oil station in the far East, but it's not really suitable, as it's SSB only, and 100W O/P . . . without any setting ability for a lower power output AND of course this makes it rather less than legal, and a bit pointless for local chatting.

I flogged my last full coverage Kenwood HF rig some time ago. . .well,. I mean us pensioners need the money for food now and again ! ! Still got 2 and 70fm, but that's extremely quiet as well ( see post title. . .)

I did fix a rig about three months ago for a local lad, and there did seem to be some old Fa**s like me around actually having some sensible chit chat, but with the usual crap on 19.

I've got an old 5/8 groundplane stuffed on the garage roof, so when ( IF ) the rain stops I might wire brush it and see if I can stand it up somewhere. But still need a wireless to plug into it, preferably one which does FM ! ! !

Any cheapo secondhand shops in your neck of the woods flogging old rigs ? ? ? ? Nowt around Cannock . . .

Cheers. . . . .Jim ( Old Man Emu / G4 OHK )

Burntout Aussie Jim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top